Spar Nord needed greater operational reliability and stability for their 400,000 customers throughout the country. Also, they were looking for a high level of security, a flexible solution and a green profile.
To meet those requirements, Spar Nord rented 16 racks in Netic’s high-security, energy-efficient data centre on a future-proof agreement.
Along with the dedicated space in the data center, Spar Nord achieves the highest possible operational reliability and stability. On top of that, the centre allows the bank to have its own space without operational responsibility.
The agreement secures operational stability for the bank for years to come, and it can easily scale it up and down without having to pay for this service in advance.
Facts about Netic's DC5, our newest energy-efficient data centre
- DC5 has redundant UPS-protected power, standby diesel generator, redundant cooling systems, aspiration-based smoke/fire detectors and a gas-based fire suppression system.
- DC5 is scalable to 600kW IT load. It has redundant 10Gbit/s Internet connections from multiple ISPs, and there are redundant fibre connections directly between DC5 and Netic's other data centres
- DC5 and the other data centres are protected by two separate layers of access control, and all rooms are protected with advanced burglary alarm systems.
- DC5 and the other data centres are operated and tested regularly to ensure safe and stable service following the relevant ISO- and ISAE-standards.
- DC5 has a power usage efficiency (PUE) of approx. 1.25 (25% overhead/IT load), and is partly powered by renewable energy from solar cells on the roof of the building.
Netic offers all services from co-location/housing in quarter, half and full racks to dedicated data centre space with up to 16 racks powered by redundant electricity.
Netic also provides infrastructure as a service as well as managed hosting and consultancy services. Spar Nord has a dedicated data centre space with redundant fibre connections in Netic’s newest data centre, DC5.